Regional Supervisor- Outgrower Farms (Volta Region)
Successful applicant will work from the Volta Region with extensive field work throughout the Region.
This is a full time position open to Ghanaian nationals only, preferably persons who live in and around the Volta Region.
Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, the Regional Supervisor will be in charge of coordinating work activity of field officers and contracted farmers in ensuring ample supply of raw materials needed to boost production. This might require the need to travel with a motorbike on rough terrains.
- Supervision of field officers on appointed tasks (connect with each officer weekly to review their work, performance and provide support)
- Monthly meeting with supervised FOs to train them in relevant practices, review performance and assess team challenges
- Data collection and analysis through Mergdata app
- Reporting to Field Operation Manager
- Connect, build and manage relationship with relevant stakeholders in the region
- Promote company culture among field officers
- Receive and disburse funds as needed for field operations
- Organize and lead trainings following department guidelines and practices
- Organize and support field officers to manage moringa farmers VSLA groups
- Coordinate work with ICS/VSLA to establish and maintain organic and fair trade group certification
- Coordinate seed procurement
- Propose and discuss with management regional priorities and strategies to increase presence of MC in the region
- Coordinate regional expansion strategy
- Coordinate disbursement of farmers’ bonuses
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Exhibit company values (passion, integrity, excellence) professionally and personally
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in relevant field
- Proven experience working in agricultural sector in Ghana
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the field
- Knowledge of at least one of the Volta languages
- Experience in training and community outreach and development of training material
- Good IT and reporting skills
- Experience organizing community groups (farmer groups would be an advantage)
- Experience in certification (would be an added advantage)
- Problem solving attitude and good leadership skills
- Protective gears
- Company t-shirt
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- All-expense-paid travel
MoringaConnect is an MIT-Harvard spinout headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with its base of operations in Ghana. Our work has been featured in Good Morning America, Forbes, The Guardian, UpWorthy, and the Harvard Business Review. Our vision is to create a world powered by the moringa tree- a crop known locally as ‘the miracle tree’ for its nutritional, medicinal, and economic value. Starting in Ghana, we use our vertically integrated supply chain to turn moringa leaves into nutritious beverages and snacks under our Minga Foods brand and moringa oil seeds into clean beauty products under our award-winning True Moringa brand.
Since becoming operational in Q42013, we’ve provided more than $500K in income to moringa farmers, built a network of 3000 farmers, and planted over 500,000 trees.
What do you think about this piece? Share your comment in the comment thread and share the story using the social media buttons above. You may reach the editor on 0249579664. Thank you.